It’s easy to find peace in the dessert
On a cool day in February Sarah + Mark embarked on the journey of a lifetime and were the perfect pair for this intimate Joshua Tree Micro Wedding.
Simply put, a micro wedding is a small intimate event with about 50 or less people. With fewer guests comes less work, fewer opinions and much fewer people to please. If you decide to plan this type of wedding you get the benefit of spending less and you’ll gain so much more.
A Micro wedding is your chance as the soon to be Mr + Mrs to curate an intimate and meaningful day that focuses on the two of you.
The Benefits of a Micro Joshua Tree Wedding
The appeal to couples for planning a micro wedding stems from a place of less stress, less drama, smaller price tags and more flexibility. When couples cut, specifically on the guest list, they have so much more room to be specific with the wants and needs of the wedding day. For instance, if you’ve dreamed of having a lush ceremony backdrop but couldn’t afford it, now maybe you can. Or, maybe it’s the exact opposite and you don’t want any of the above. Hosting a smaller, more intimate wedding makes things that once seemed impossible, POSSIBLE.
Top 5 Benefits of a Micro Wedding
- Creating memorable moments
- Personalization throughout your entire event
- Budget allocation, no price shopping
- Time with guests, quality over quantity
- Vendor team of your dreams
Ways to make your Micro Joshua Tree Wedding Memorable
- Select a venue that is unique and possibly even a destination, make it an experience for everyone!
- Offer live music. Skip the DJ and go straight for a musician
- Curate a welcome gift for your guests that is intentional
- Save on the florals budget by forgoing the boutonnieres, corsages, and bridal bouquets
- Host a group activity the day after the wedding
- Create a beautiful tablescape with personalized name place cards and menus
For this simple and elegant Joshua Tree Micro Wedding we chose to keep it super simple and small.. i’m talking 8 people small. For this specific micro wedding we opted to set the table with a very modern and airy feel. We used tones of nude, blush and white with a mixture of natural elements to incorporate dried ‘florals’ and fill the space with colors that resemble what you’d find in Joshua Tree.
My favorite part of this design was incorporating the mini donuts (dessert, yum!) into our centerpiece.. See the images below!
A Joshua Tree Ceremony
I help couples celebrate, plan, and experience a wedding with no rules.
Let me help you plan your ruleless wedding!
Fell free to check out my other Blog posts for all your wedding Tips & Tricks https://hometowngatherings.com/blog/
OR Follow me on Instagram to get to know me and see some of my latest work https://www.instagram.com/hometown_gatherings/
To book a wedding exploration call, head to my contact page and let’s get something on the books https://hometowngatherings.com/contact
Wedding Planner @hometowngatherings
Venue Morada Joshua Tree
March 22, 2022
be the first to comment